Blackwell Law Office Of Phoenix - Took his fees first then left me to the wolves

1.4

Update by user Oct 09

The lawyer left me a threatening message on my phone that he may take me to court if I add more complaints about him. He also sent me text messages that blame me for the bad results of the trial, completely ignoring the fact that he was the paid but unprepared defense lawyer during the trial, not me, and completely ignoring that he made significant promises after the trial that weren't anything but lies.

Original review posted by user Sep 07

I was harassed and threatened by bullies, so I defended myself with pepper spray. The police charged me with assault and threat since there weren't independent witnesses to the incident. So I hired lawyer Mr. Jocquese L. Blackwell to defend me at the Phoenix Municipal Court. He stated that I had a solid case with a high chance of winning. He made many promises to me including conducting a full investigation on the bullies, the arresting officers, and the police reports, but almost none of his promises were kept. As a matter of fact, he didn't even bother with information I tried to give him which demonstrated that I was the real victim in this case.

After taking his fees first, he went to trial with very little preparation, asked trivial questions, and didn't not make any convincing arguments to prove my side. The result was a full conviction on all false charges made by the police and the prosecutor.

And if that wasn't bad enough, Mr. Blackwell still made another lie after the trial that he can overturn my conviction, and all I had to do was to remind him to file after six months. But after six months of waiting, and a few more chasing after him to fulfill his latest promise, I discovered on my own that Arizona had no such procedure. Instead, it had another procedure called 'setting aside a conviction' for closed cases, which doesn't overturn a conviction, but merely allows ignoring a conviction from employment check. But I found out that my case didn't even qualify for that since I had a three years probation and that made my case open. Mr. Blackwell, an experienced lawyer, knows such basic laws and procedures, yet he lied to me anyways. He took my money and conned me instead of spending the time, effort, and quality defense he was paid to do as I trusted him with my life.

This lawyer seems to care about high profile cases that benefit his career, but have no problem conning unimportant people with marginal cases. I wonder how many others did he also deceive.

Product or Service Mentioned: Blackwell Law Office Of Phoenix Criminal Defense Attorney.

I didn't like: Lawyer conned me.

• Blackwell Law Office Phoenix Az